Other than the sweet delicious taste of pineapples, they are more beneficial to our health than I think they get credit for. Let’s break this fruit down to learn more of its benefits.
- They are high in vitamin C, which helps the body ward off viruses and infection.
- They are high in vitamin B6, which is necessary for metabolic function and brain development during pregnancy and infancy. Vitamin B6 also boosts immune function.
- They are high in thiamin, which converts the carbohydrates we eat into energy.
- They are high in copper, which is necessary for the body to produce and store iron (an essential mineral of the blood). Copper is also great in assisting with the healing of wounds and treating bone ailments.
- They contain manganese, which is essential for strong bones. Manganese also processes cholesterol, carbs and protein.
- They contain fiber. Fiber rich foods are beneficial on many different levels from heart health to proper colon function.
- Pineapples also contain the enzyme bromelain, which reduces inflammation in the body. It also aids in recovery from surgery and wounds.
So try our Liquid Sunlight smoothie and get your fill of this amazing fruit. To learn more about how much pineapples can benefit the body and great juicing recipes for all your health needs, check out 75 Powerful Therapeutic Juices for Specific Health Conditions by Earth’s Healing Café Owner Akin Olokun.